Horizons Greater Philadelphia is a transformational, community-centered education program proven to close the opportunity gap.
Students attend a tuition-free, intensive, six-week summer program on the campus of a Philadelphia area independent school, college, university, or nonprofit institution, and receive additional support throughout the year.
All students benefit from:
- A 5:1 student-to-educator ratio with professional teaching staff
- Confidence-building activities like swimming, arts, and sports
- Healthy meals and snacks throughout the summer
- Field trips and other hands-on learning opportunities
- Long-lasting relationships with teachers and peers
- A challenging, encouraging learning environment
Students join Horizons the summer after kindergarten and return to the program each year through at least 8th grade, building lasting relationships with their teachers and peers, and developing life skills essential for success.
Our programs also host events to engage students’ families and guardians in their learning processes, and special priority is given to enrolling siblings in the Horizons program in order to have the greatest impact within the family.